Sunday 25 November 2012

Looking Up

I thought I was so clever when I decided to paint the ceiling, but after taping off the first stripe I quickly realised how time consuming and painful the process would be.

First of all, my convenient little step ladder proved less than adequate when factoring in the ceiling height and my own [lack of] height. Put simply, I could barely reach it.

I had a brilliant idea to wear my biggest heels whilst on the step ladder to remedy this problem (health and safety, eat your heart out), but even I'm not that stupid (of course I tried it, but balancing was a challenge). In the end, I resorted to stretching on my very tippy toes.

After about 15 minutes, first stripe finally taped off, the pain in my neck was immense. This was when I decided:

a) To reduce the quantity of stripes and increase the space in between. No brainer.
b) Measure, shmeasure. We don't have one straight wall, or level floor in this ancient flat, so measuring turned out to be a huge waste of time. I ended up eyeballing and winging the entire thing.

Here's a peek of how it turned out, though I still need to touch it up a bit.


I would like to add in my very best American infomercial salesman voice, "BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE"!

I also wanted to tackle the bland space above the shoe cabinet. In an ideal world, I would just throw this up there -


But your eyes doth not deceive you, that does indeed say £775. Quite frankly, in the wise words of Kanye West, "That sh** cray."

So I did some internet sleuthing and found this! I'm hoping I can some how marry the two designs and produce my own spin on the hanging mirror.

On another note, I'm really enjoying using instagram. Follow me! (Username designgratis)


3 comments:

  1. You just made me chuckle with this post (thanks, I needed that). But, so far, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny, I love that you thought to wear your heels!

    The sell strap mirrors in Liberty for about a third of that price. They have lots of different coloured straps.

    The ceiling looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers