Sunday 7 April 2013

Patiently Awaiting Spring

While the rest of the world basks in the spring sunshine and awaits summer, here in London we've remained in winter, feet firmly planted in the increasingly ridiculous snowfall.

So imagine my surprise when I awoke yesterday morning to brilliant sunshine, and a relatively balmy (by comparison) 6°C. Though I would like to think this (and today's even warmer temperature) is an indication that we're rounding the corner and spring is well on the way, I recognise my theory may be flawed.

Still, I remain hopeful, and with that hope I have spent the better part of the weekend trawling the internet, gazing longingly at lush outdoor spaces and daydreaming of long, sangria sodden afternoons.

via Apartment Therapy


photo 3
via Emily Henderson

photo 1
via Emily Henderson

via Habitually Chic

via Decoration for Life

2011_06_06iving5.jpg
via Apartment Therapy

via Desire to Inspire

The fact that most of these outdoor living spaces are larger than my entire flat got me thinking about big style in a tiny space.

via Sortrature

via Sortrature

via Sortrature

And these miniature versions inspired me to have a fiddle around in Sketch Up, where I created my own outdoor living space, based on the tiny balconies that are fast becoming standard in London new build properties.




Pillow Cover, Etsy $28. Alsed Footstools, Ikea £20 each. Decking, Ikea £17.50 per pack (of 9). Wood Serving Tray, Target $19.99. Carved Wood Mirror, Zara Home £39.99. Folding Wood Chair, Ikea £39
 
An outdoor oasis in a tiny space - it can be done!


4 comments:

  1. Pretty pretty pretty! Since I moved to Boston last December, I no longer have a balcony, so I can only dream about it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a balcony at the moment, but I do sit in the window pretending a lot!

      Delete
  2. What a fun post. I've never seen a mirrored wall in an outdoor space! I've been playing around with SketchUp lately too. But I really like your "sketches" and picks for the balcony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Nice eye candy and inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers